Quick life updates!
Delicious things I have made recently:
– Dates stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in bacon in a balsamic reduction (ok I didn’t make this)
– Grilled steak fajitas and watermelon
– Sweet potato, onion, apple, bacon hash
– Papaya and banana smoothies
– Rice pudding (from local Mexican grocery) with fresh mango on top
I love summer food!!!!
Other excitement: I am officially signed up for the Chicago Triathlon! (Which is NOT spelled triathAlon apparently.) I have been running 10 miles and swimming 2 miles weekly. I’m pretty impressed with myself too, I know. However, the bike I assumed I would ride is actually from when I was about 9 years old. I would look like this.
Also, I have a flight booked to Birmingham for the wedding I’m in this summer! And I hope my workout regimen will help me not like the man above in the wedding photos!
QUESTION: How do you prevent your shoulder from hurting when you run??!? I asked my trainer friend and he said it’s because my shoulders are too big to be a runner. Darn swimming.
Note: My employment is currently a little messy, more details to come when things are sorted out/ calm down/ school is out so I can put my life together. Additionally, this is not the face you want to see on a teacher resume website…..so reassuring.